Tonight, I’m whipping up a double batch of blueberry applesauce for the lil guy. It smells amazing and the blueberries are a super food-win ! The recipe comes from a book that I recently mentioned in my post Top Six Books for Blissful Moms. One of my favorite cookbooks for babies/toddlers: 201 Organic Baby Purees by Tamika Gardner.
This stuff is great! It’s so easy and really is pretty. Yup, pretty applesauce. It’s actually a recipe I would enjoy serving at a dinner party. I need to come up with a good chicken recipe to serve this with. Any suggestions?
- 1 medium apple, peeled and cored (I typically try and go with a sweet apple)
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/8 tsp vanilla (I go light on this, it’s overpowering to me)
- 1/4 cup water
- Cut apple into small pieces and place into medium saucepan
- Add blueberries, vanilla and water to saucepan
- Simmer over medium-low heat until tender, about 25 minutes (keep an eye on these, I’ve had to add water to keep them from scorching)
- Transfer fruit to blender. Puree until mixture is semi-smooth, adding water if necessary.
I need to warn anyone who doesn’t use blueberries often…they aren’t the easiest to clean up. So, if you don’t normally do your dishes right away, you’re going to want to now. Also, you’ll want to make sure you have a good bib on your child.