Today’s recipe is by far our favorite crockpot meal. It’s pretty economical, easy to put together, and tastes amazing! I am not sure of the original source, but I believe it was over on one of my favorite recipe sites: AllRecipes.com. A friend of mine gave me it a few years ago, and I bet I’ve made it at least ten times since then. (Thanks Jackie!)
Crockpot Beef Stroganoff
- 1 large onion, diced-may seem like a lot, but even DH who hates onions doesn’t mind
- 2 cans golden mushroom soup
- 4 Tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 lbs cubed stew meat
- 8 oz of cream cheese *don’t add until 10 minutes prior to serving!
- 1 can sliced mushrooms, drained
- Crockpot liner-make clean up easy
1. Combine the first six ingredients in the crockpot
Love this Wisconsin (our home state) Crockpot, it’s plenty big for dishes like this!
2. Add stew meat and cook on low for eight hours
3. Chop cream cheese into small pieces and add cream cheese and mushrooms, replace cover and heat an additional ten minutes.
Serve over egg noodles or mashed potatoes
I would highly suggest leaving the house while this is cooking. It smells amazing and will make you hungry!
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #FRONTPORCHBLISS and I’ll be sure to find it.