Tonight will be the first time in over a year that I will not be nursing our son to sleep. To say I’m struggling with that is an understatement. Luckily, a group of homeschooling moms are getting together with moms like me who are interested in homeschooling to learn more. I’m praying this get together will help keep my mind off of not being there for our son’s bedtime. I’m excited to meet other moms with similar interests regarding our children’s education.
So, I am bringing a treat. It is definitly not on our diet so I will not be eating much. I’ll admit though, I had to make sure it was edible before I presented it to others. Well, it passed the test! It is the perfect treat for summer.
The perfect summertime treat
- 9 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- 1 1/4cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4cup butter or margarine
- 4teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2cups powdered sugar
- Into large bowl, measure cereal; set aside.
- 2In 1-quart microwavable bowl, microwave chips, butter, lemon peel and juice uncovered on High 1 minute; stir. Microwave about 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal, stirring until evenly coated. Pour into 2-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- 3Add powdered sugar. Seal bag; gently shake until well coated. Spread on waxed paper or foil to cool. Store in airtight container.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #FRONTPORCHBLISS and I’ll be sure to find it.