So, naturally, I decided to mesh the two together. It took that amazing burrito recipe to a whole new level.
Introducing, Chicken Burrito 2.0!
- 1 lb chicken
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 16 oz jar salsa
1 cup grated cheese (I use a low fat mexican blend)
1 avocado -diced
2 Tablespoons cilantro-chopped
4 large tortillas
4 Tablespoon sour cream
1 Tablespoon oil
- Place chicken into base of crockpot, top with taco seasoning and salsa. Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Using two forks, shred chicken while still in crockpot
- Mix the chicken, cheese, cilantro, and the diced avocados.
- Spread 1 tablespoon sour cream on each tortilla, add 1/4 of the mixture, form into a burrito
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil into a pan and place two tortillas on the pan, cook for 2 minutes on medium- high heat. Flip on the other side and cook for another minutes or until the the tortillas are golden. Repeat with remaining burritos.
- Serve warm.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #FRONTPORCHBLISS and I’ll be sure to find it.