Growing up and even now, I loved the Little Miss Sunshine character. She just always makes me smile. Who could resist those little pigtails and that huge grin? She just brightens your day. She was part of my inspiration for today’s post…
I have a friend who is going through a tough time. The sad part is, I live in Colorado and she is all the way back home in Wisconsin. So, I decided I’d put together one of those sunshine boxes that I’ve seen on Pinterest.
My little one and I wandered around Walmart looking for everything and anything yellow that could be easily shipped. That’s not as easy as it sounds!
So, we scoured the store and this is what we came up with…
- Subway gift card (who doesn’t like a sandwich on fresh baked bread?)
- A bright yellow infinity scarf
- Yellow flowers
- A fun festive lei
- Bible verse wall hanging
- Lemon Car freshener (everyone likes a fresh smelling car!)
- A frisbee like toy that bounces off walls
- FunShine CareBear
- Super soft cleaning towel
- Yellow gem stickers
- Rubber ducky bathroom stick ons-these just made me smile
- Yellow and orange bath poufs
- Tic Tacs
- Card with a yellow envelope
We took all of this and packed it into a USPS Priority shipping box with some yellow (of course) tissue paper and a few related clipart pieces.