My husband recently left for a business trip. Prior to his departure, he jokingly listed off all of the things I would miss about him:
- Restless legs
- Long bathroom visits with electronics in tow
- The TV being on 24-7 when he is home
There were others, but you get the idea. While I could do without some of those things, here is what I did miss:
- The way our sons face lights up and he yells out “dadddddyyyyyyy” when he sees him come home from work.
- The hug my husband gives me every morning and every night
- Help with the chores
- Watching him play with our son
- A caring ear to listen
- Hearing him say “I love you”
- Help wrestling our son in church (which I really needed this week!)
- The way he wraps his arms around me while i’m cooking dinner
- His uncontrollable excitement during a football game
- Having someone else to cook for
- His voice, smile, touch, etc…
- Feeling safe just knowing he was home
- Walks as a family
I could go on, but you get the point. I am a lucky woman and looking forward to his arrival home today.
It is so true that absence makes the heart grow fonder. I am grateful for FaceTime, even with the 8 hour time difference, we were able to talk face to face.
One thing that my husband has done a few times now is secretly leave random notes around the house before he leaves.
It truly makes a huge difference in my mood while he’s gone. Who wouldn’t smile when they open the spice cabinet and see this?