We recently purchased some pork from a friend who raises pigs. We don’t typically cook much pork, but I’m glad we took the leap and bought some for our freezer. My in laws were visiting so tried out a new crockpot recipe:
Crockpot Pork Chops
- one can cream of mushroom soup
- one block cream cheese
- one package of ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 a stick of butter
- 4 bone in pork chops (or boneless)
- Melt the cream cheese and butter in the microwave for one minute, stir
- Microwave for an additional 30 seconds until smooth, stir
- Mix in soup and ranch dressing
- Place pork chops in crockpot and top with soup mixture
- Cook on low for eight hours
- Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles
I will try this recipe with a little less butter next time. It tasted great, but I’m thinking with some fat free soup, fat free cream cheese and less butter, it would be a bit healthier. The pork literally fell off the bone when I tried to take them out of the crockpot. Oh! I also put them in the crockpot still partially frozen. These are perfect for a hearty fall meal.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see it on Instagram! Just use the hashtag #FRONTPORCHBLISS and I’ll be sure to find it.
*Update: I’m making these again and wanted to share with you all one of the greatest inventions…Crockpot Liners. These suckers will save you time when it comes to clean up. They are also great when storing leftovers. I just pull the whole liner out close up the top and store the leftovers in a bowl in the fridge.