We had friends over for dinner last night. Thankfully, I took the time the night prior to put the lasagna together so I could spend most of the day cleaning. Since I had a little extra time, I decided to put together some Sugar Cookie Cups. Luckily, I had a little helper to keep me company. I kept him busy with a cooling rack and square baking pan. I’m lucky our tile floor didn’t crack! Next time, I may use ear plugs.
This recipe was super easy so it didn’t take long to put together. It only had three ingredients! Lately, that’s my kind of recipe. I’ve found recipes for this where you make your own sugar dough, but why mess with Pillsbury?
I used to love to make big elaborate meals, but I’m learning that when you’re a mom, that stuff isn’t quite as important. Besides, these suckers were good!
So, here’s the magic…
Easy Cherry Sugar Cookie Cups
- One package Pillsbury sugar cookies
- One jar cherry pie filling
- One cup Nestle Toll House premier white chocolate morsels
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a mini muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Scoop dough out using a 2 TBSP cookie scoop and put one in each mini muffin cup. (I rolled mine into little ball shapes.)
- Bake cookies for 15-18 minutes until lightly browned
- Right after you take them out, push in the middle of each cookie cup, creating a space for the cherries:
- Let cool for 10 minutes, then gently pop them out.
- Open the jar of cherry pie filling and use a fork to fill each cookie cup with cherries.
- Drizzle tops with melted white chocolate, if desired.