This morning, my husband left for work and took our son’s car seat with him. That meant, we were stuck at home without any way to get groceries. So, we had to work with what we had in the house to make a healthy lunch. I put together this recipe by taking pieces of a recipe from a friend of mine. She made the most amazing Indian food.
“Indian” Spiced Shrimp over Riced Garlic Cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon butter (oil or other substitute)
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (I love poppy seeds so you may prefer less)
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2/3 can of diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp ground red pepper (I like mine spicy)
- 10 raw deveined and peeled shrimp
- 1 piece babybel cheese
- 1 pkg Birdseye Riced Cauliflower (lightly sauced with roasted garlic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- In a medium frying pan, saute cumin & poppy seeds in butter until fragrant.
- Add onion and cook until translucent
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds
- Mix in diced tomatoes and cook until the moisture is reduced
- Add shrimp and red pepper, cook until pink
- While shrimp is cooking, heat cauliflower
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Serve shrimp over cauliflower and top with sliced or diced cheese
This is a pretty low point and versatile recipe. I’d have added carrots and pees (if I had a car). I’m not certain on the Weight Watchers Smart Points, so please let me know what you calculate it at when you make it.