I recently took out a pound of ground sausage and a pie crust for dinner. I baked the pie crust in preparation for a quiche. Then, I realized I had actually defrosted ground venison. Since that doesn’t quite go well in a quiche, I had to improvise. The result was so good that my husband had two helpings!
Venison Taco Pie
- 1 lb. ground venison
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 prepared deep dish pie crust (bake for single crust pie)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup crushed fritos
- Brown venison and season according to taco seasoning package directions
- Mix in salsa and spoon meat into prepared crust
- Spread sour cream on top of meat
- Top with shredded cheddar and finish with crushed chips/Fritos
Bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
Top with lettuce, tomatoes, onions, jalapeños, black olives, etc.